Monday, December 29, 2014

My 2014 Professional Successes

In conjunction with Julie Hedlund's 12 Days of Christmas for Writers, I am listing my professional successes for the year 2014.  This is part of a 2015 Anti-Resolution Revolution post on Julie's blog,

The idea is that resolutions come from a negative attitude of "what did I do wrong that I need to fix."  By listing accomplishments, you're taking a positive attitude of "what did I do well and where can I go from here to grow."  Thus negative resolutions become positive goals.



So, here is my short (but positive) list:

1. Found an online writing challenge, Michelle Barnes' Ditty of the Month Club, that was fun and even "published" a few of my poems online.

2. Completed Angie Karcher's 2014 RhyPiBoMo online challenge/poetry course.

3. Participated in Kristen Fulton's WOW-NonFicPic 2014.

4. Participated in Tracey M. Cox's Summer Sparks writing challenge, and won a picture book critique by Alayne Kay Christian.  (I still need to finish a manuscript to send to her!)

5. Shared my desire to write picture books with my husband, daughter, sister, and a friend.  (This was big for me!  I kept it a total secret from everyone before this!)

6. Completed Tara Lazar's challenge, PiBoIdMo, in which I came up with 32 ideas for picture books.

7. Completed Renee LaTulippe's writing course, The Lyrical Language Lab.

8. Participated in Susanna Leonard Hill's 2014 Holiday Writing contest.

9. Registered for Susanna Leonard Hill's writing course, Making Picture Book Magic, which begins in January.

Actually, this list is not as short as I thought it would be.  I'm excited to see all that I've done so far to begin my career as a picture book author.  And I look forward to see what's to come in 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment