Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Water-Themed Cinquain Poem

On Michelle Barnes blog, Today's Little Ditty, back in May, readers were given the challenge to write a water-themed cinquain poem.  This was part of the Ditty of the Month Club challenge.  My poem about a "log ride" was one of the poems featured on Michelle's blog that month.  I was so excited to see my name and work "in print!"  I wrote the poem while thinking back to childhood visits to a Six Flags Over Texas amusement park.  The log ride was one of the rides that I both looked forward to and dreaded.  The fun of splashing our log through the waterway, and then the "frightened" anticipation of the log being caught by the chain for the upward climb at the end--resulting in a "free fall" toward a giant splash!  Fun times and fun memories. (Here is the link to that poem, Log Flume, on Michelle's blog.)







                                


No comments:

Post a Comment