Friday, July 25, 2014

A Christmas Themed Parody

This month I participated in yet another challenge in the Ditty of the Month Club at Michelle Barnes' blog, "Today's Little Ditty."  Here's the link to my attempt at a parody of "Mary Had a Little Lamb."


After seeing my poem published, I read through it and found that it needed some editing, especially in the meter department.  Here's my revised version.  See what you think.  Does the meter work better?


Santa had a heaping pack,
heaping pack, heaping pack,
Santa had a heaping pack
that he filled up with toys.

Santa needed boys and girls,
boys and girls, boys and girls.
Santa needed boys and girls
who had been good all year.

Santa looked at this year’s list,
this year’s list, this year’s list.
Santa looked at this year’s list
and charted a quick course.

Elves helped him to load his sled,
load his sled, load his sled.
Elves helped him to load his sled
and called his best reindeer.

Red-nosed Rudolph led the way,
led the way, led the way.
Red-nosed Rudolph led the way
to each and every home.

Christmas morn they all woke up,
all woke up, all woke up.
Christmas morn they all woke up
to see what Santa brought.

All the children laughed and played,
laughed and played, laughed and played.
All the children laughed and played
with Santa’s Christmas loot.

Back home Santa took a nap,
took a nap, took a nap.
Back home Santa took a nap
that lasted through the day.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Kristi, your meter does read more smoothly. :) I LOVE that your taking part in the challenges on my blog-- like you, I enjoy learning from each one and it's inspiring to see what everyone comes up with. I think you'll like what I have lined up for August!

    ReplyDelete