Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lots of Learning Going On!


After many years of dreaming of being an author (like since I was in elementary school), I have decided to take the big leap.  I am officially calling myself an unpublished author.  (I heard this term used on a podcast and loved the positive spin it brings!)  I am starting this blog to chronicle my adventure.

I'm already behind in writing this first post, so let me get you updated on what's been transpiring over the last month or two.  This has been my path so far:


  • Began to research writing for children on the web.  I've found some amazing sites and people!!  I'll start a page listing them very soon.






  • Found the RhyPiBoMo challenge at Angie Karcher's site and decided to participate.  RhyPiBoMo stands for Rhyming Picture Book Month (April).  I had a great time and learned lots!  I'll share some of the poems that I wrote during this challenge on another post.  Check Angie out on Facebook.












  • Started this author blog and an author Facebook page.


I’m having a blast learning about the art of writing and getting started on this exciting career path.  Stay tuned to more posts on what I’m up to, what I’m reading, what courses I’m taking, and samples of my writing.  This is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment